bugs in site css: ugly bars and hidden edit buttons

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Jan 30 22:18:12 EST 2015

On 01/30/2015 05:00 PM, ciaran at member.fsf.org (Ciarán O'Riordan) wrote:
> I see three bugs:
>
> 1. Wiki buttons disappear

They are replaced by a "hambuger menu" top right and expand if you click
that. I hadn't noticed that the footer also collapses and is expanded by
the top hamburger menu, kind of surprising behavior. It also may be that
the hamburger menu has too little contrast with the header background to
be noticed.

> 2. The bars at the top and bottom are way too big (with the text enlarged 5
>    times, the two bars take up 252 pixels, leaving just 459 for the content
>    of the page)
>
> 3. The top and bottom bars appear white on my laptop screen.  I can't
>    explain why, but I find white pages disappearing into white bars
>    annoying.  When I tilt my laptop screen, I can see they're grey.  I don't
>    have this problem on any other site I can think of, so it's probably not
>    my laptop's fault.  Could they be made a more distinct colour?

These two would probably cease to be problems if the header and footer
scrolled with the page, as I suggest in
https://gitorious.org/copyleft-org/wiki/merge_requests/1

> I know I can play with the source and submit a patch, but in case I don't
> get around to that, I wanted to at least report the bug.

Thanks!

Mike