format will change from LaTeX -> (CommonMark|AsciiDoc): which should we chose?

Yoni Rabkin yoni at rabkins.net
Tue Aug 16 13:05:27 EDT 2016

I don't think that it's reasonable to require people to contribute in
any particular format _at this stage_. This isn't a programming project
and doesn't need to compile. The fact that it needs to be in a
particular format in order to be displayed on the Web or be printed as a
book is a side effect, and should be hidden from most contributors
completely. Patches should not be turned away merely because they are in
the wrong format, as long as it is a free one.

I think that the persons doing the majority of the work to integrate the
patches and then to produce the various output formats should determine
how this is done technically.