Copyleft usage

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Thu Dec 18 09:53:37 EST 2014

Ziggy Fischbacher wrote on Thursday, 11 December:
> If you use a copyleft library in a project, say a library, does this
> means that the whole project, which may only require the copyleft
> library occasionally , is now under the same licencing agreement.

This question is just too vague to have a straightforward answer, so I
haven't attempted to answer it in this message.

I encourage you to read the entire Guide, http://copyleft.guide/ , in
full and spend some time studying it.  If, after doing that, you still
have questions, the best way to pose them to get help from folks on this
project is in the form of:

  "I read the Guide, and in Section XXX, it discusses concept Foo, but
   I'm still after reading it fuzzy on Foo and would like more."

The Guide is very long and has tons of information.  The way you can
help us make it better is by reading it first, and then telling us the
concepts that weren't covered well, so we know where to add more
material.

Finally, please note that the charter for this mailing list isn't for
general discussion about random copyleft questions, but instead for how
to improve the tutorial materials available on https://copyleft.org/.
The only address I know about that accepts and attempts to answer random
copyleft questions from the general public is <licensing at fsf.org>.
--
   -- bkuhn