Minutes, APAS as a guerilla tactic for liberating proprietary software

Joseph Turner joseph at breatheoutbreathe.in
Mon May 23 23:04:05 UTC 2022

Dear Bradley,

Thank you for sharing the meeting minutes - it was an interesting read.
I hope your wrist is better.

Most of the discussion about licensing and CoPilot that I've read is
concerned with proprietary APAS being fed FOSS input and producing code
which is then licensed under some proprietary license.

I'm left wondering about the opposite situation. What are the ethical
(and legal) ramifications of APAS being fed proprietary input and
producing code which is then copylefted?

The culpable deniability of AI which is used to circumvent the
protections offered by copyleft licenses could conversely offer a
guerilla tactic for liberating proprietary software.

Best,

Joseph Turner