Re: FOSS APAS & FOSS-friendly ToS restrictions (was Re: Minutes of AI Assist Committee TUE 2022-06-22, 18:00-19:00 UTC)

Joseph Turner joseph at breatheoutbreathe.in
Tue Jul 5 00:35:56 UTC 2022

The gist of my poorly phrased last message was that it might not be necessary to add a TOS (or an additional restriction to copyleft) to the Trainer if the Model couldn't be used to produce proprietary software. Now I realize that I missed the important point that, in order to stop people from using Model to make proprietary software from GPL'd input, the current GPL *might* not be sufficient (regardless of the Model's licensing/TOS).

Thank you for bringing the RTL exception, and the nuances it brings up with respect to this topic.

Joseph

P.S. Thank you for making the subject line more descriptive.