Status of merge requests and related work.

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Tue Feb 3 17:11:45 EST 2015

TL;DR: most of this is discussion of my own copyleft.org TODOs, but
       there's a possible question of interest at the bottom.

Right now, I see that there are six merge requests pending on the
tutorial and one on the wiki formatting at:
  https://gitorious.org/copyleft-org/merge_requests

Some of these are trivial, but frankly I'm really overbooked with work
(both personal and professional) the next few weeks for various reasons,
so I am unsure when I'll get to these, but I wanted everyone to know I'm
thinking about them every day and I'm admittedly annoyed that
copyleft.org work is so far down on my TODO list at the moment.  I'm
working to address that, but as most of you know, I have a lot of
different duties at Conservancy, some of which are operational regarding
services to Conservancy's member projects, and that sadly always has to
take precedence over copyleft.org.  Also, some of you know that I'm
moving from NYC to Portland, OR later this month and while I typically
worked 50-70 hours a week on Conservancy or other Free Software
community volunteer stuff in 2014, that schedule won't be true again
until mid-March at this point.  Hence, no copyleft.org work for a while.

BTW, I have a related meta-question: I'm inclined for my own archival
benefit to summarize non-trivial merge requests and their outcomes on
this list.  One option might be to have gitorious send status of merge
requests to this list.  That seems annoying to me, and will be difficult
to sift through.  I suspect those who want that level of detail can
"Watch" the merge request to get the emails.

So, my plan is instead this: for any non-trivial merge that goes into
'next', I'll post an email here when I merge it to 'next' summarizing
how the change got in, what it's doing, etc.  Anyone object to that
plan?  Anyone have suggestions to make it better?
--
   -- bkuhn